How to get around the traffic you sit in everyday are the type of solutions that GPS manufactures are trying to come up with and adding features to their gps units to help you do so.
Traffic avoidance systems monitors traffic reports about wrecks, slow downs and construction delays on your specific route then helps you to avoid traffic informing you of the slow downs and actually showing you alternative routes.
Garmin the world leader in gps systems uses the following methods to monitor traffic conditions:
- Data from millions of Garmin owners
- Data from millions of cellular phone owners
- Incident reports
- Radio feeds of live information
- News stations
- Historic traffic data from NAVTEQ Traffic Supply
- Historic traffic data from Garmin owners
- Fixed traffic sensors on major roads giving 99.9% accuracy of traffic reports