The Garmin Nuvi 3490LMT is part of the new gps navigation line from Garmin for 2012. It is a premium product that comes with the most advanced mapping and navigation features found in gps units today. They come in a very small and thin form factor that is less than 9mm which is about the thickness of a pencil.
The new Garmin Nuvi 3490LMT comes with the new garmin guidance 3.0 advanced navigation engine which includes features like predictive routing and advanced traffic avoidance features to make your daily driving simple. You also get cool looking 3D traffic with is updated about every 30 sec.
Garmin have also added an innovative speech recognition engine to these new gps units allowing you to control the machine either by touching it or by voice which allows you to keep both your hands on the steering wheel.
Why its good
- Form factor – Easy to carry and as thin as a pencile
- Advanced navigation and traffic features
- Performance – Good accuracy and fast satellite acquisition time
- Free lifetime traffic
- Loaded with useful features
- Non yet
We are waiting to hear from the first owners of this units and will post their comments here in the future …
Bottom Line – Who is this best for
This is a gps system that is loaded with useful features, if you are looking for a high end gps systemt that has all the bells and whistles then look no further than the Garmin Nuvi 3490LMT, you will not be disappointed.
What you get in the box
- Garmin Nuvi 3490LMT
- Preloaded City Navigator NT North America (U.S, Mexico and Canada)
- Lifetime Maps and Traffic; FM Traffic Receiver With Vehicle Power Cable
- Digital 3D traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
- Vehicle Suction Cup Mount
- USB Cable & Dashboard Disc
- Quick Start Manual
Do you have any questions about this system? If you do post a comment below and we will respond.