The Garmin Nuvi 855 is a well designed gps navigation system that comes jam packed with features that include voice-activated navigation and lane assist with junction view. Both features help you to keep your hands on the driving wheel and tell your gps system where to go. It also comes with a clear widescreen display and is preloaded with maps.
It also comes with the “Where Am I” feature, which provides a one-touch access to your current location as well as nearby hospitals, gas stations and police stations. Garmin have redesigned the user interface with improved graphics and a new slide control for menu operation.
Why its good
- Voice Recognition – Control functions on the gps with your voice
- Form factor – Well designed and easy to carry
- Good Routing Engine – The system calculates the best routes for you, better than competitors
- Garmin WebUpdater – Garmin provides a very easy way to keep the gps system maps up to date
- Text to Speech – The system announces the street names in a very nice natural voice.
- Additional features like MP3 player, Lane Assist and “Where am I”
- Low volume
Bottom Line – Who is this best for
The Garmin Nuvi 855 is one of the best voice activated gps system in the market. Garmin includes a remote in the package which makes it easy to control the gps system. If you want a gps system that is easy to control without getting your eyes off the road, then this is the gps system for you.
In the Box
The following items are included in the box
- Garmin Nuvi 855
- Remote for voice activation with battery
- Vehicle Suction Cup Mount
- Preloaded with maps of North America
- FM receiver with vehicle power cable
- Quick start manual
Do you have any questions about this system? If you do post a comment below and we will respond.