The Garmin Nuvi 885T was designed by Garmin to replace the their older Nuvi 880 model. They have added voice recognition to this unit which works very well, virtually all functions found in the gps system can be performed using your voice including enter a full street address. The system comes equipped with additional useful features which include lane assist with junction view, MSN direct and hands free calling capabilities.
You can also look up destinations on your computer and send them wirelessly to the Garmin Nuvi 885T, which saves you from writing down addresses and inputting them into the gps system. It also comes with the “Where Am I” feature, which provides a one-touch access to your current location as well as nearby hospitals, gas stations and police stations.
Garmin have redesigned the user interface with improved graphics and a new slide control for menu operation.
Why its good
- Voice Recognition – Control functions on the gps with your voice
- Send destination addresses wirelessly from your computer to you gps system
- Form factor – Well designed and easy to carry
- Good Routing Engine – The system calculates the best routes for you, better than competitors
- Garmin WebUpdater – Garmin provides a very easy way to keep the gps system maps up to date
- Text to Speech – The system announces the street names in a very nice natural voice.
- Additional features like Lane Assist and “Where am I”
- MSN Direct additional costs
- Weak FM transmitter
Bottom Line – Who is this best for
The Garmin Nuvi 885T is the voice activated gps system in the market. Garmin include a remote in the package which makes it easy to control the gps system. If you want a gps system that is easy to control without getting your eyes off the road, then this is the gps system for you.
In the Box
The following items are included in the box
- Garmin Nuvi 885T
- Remote for voice activation with battery
- Vehicle Suction Cup Mount
- Preloaded with maps of North America
- FM receiver with vehicle power cable
- Quick start manual
Do you have any questions about this system? If you do post a comment below and we will respond.