The Garmin Nuvi 765T adds a number of handy routing and communication features to an already impressive list of specs, including a 4.3-inch widescreen display, text-to-speech capabilities, media player, and FM transmitter for transmitting audio–including directions and MP3 music and audiobooks–from the device to your car radio.
The Garmin Nuvi 765T will display transparent 3-D buildings and photo-realistic landmarks, available when driving in larger cities which brings a whole new level of realism to the map screen. The Garmin Nuvi 765T brings a large number of important new features that improve the navigation experience for the user making it easier to use and gives you a reason to upgrade.
Why its good
- Features- This system has a ton of new features from Garmin that make it very attractive and easy to use.
- 3D Lane Guidance – Best 3D lane guidance in the market today. The full-screen 3D Lane Assist Junction View shows up automatically when entering a highway and is amazingly very accurate. Road signs match-up with what you see above head, on the road when traveling on a highway. Very very nice.
- Good Routing Engine – The system calculates the best routes for you. The engine used in Garmins are better than the ones in tomtom or magellan
- Garmin WebUpdater – Garmin provides a very easy way to keep the gps system up to date
- Text to Speech – The system announces the street names in a very nice natural voice.
- Faster processor – Comes with a 333 Mhz processor for smoother map drawing and vehicle icon motion through turns
- Easily transportable – Great form factor and design makes it fit in your pocket easily.
- 3-D buildings and landmarks – This feature makes navigating through city streets very easy
- Bluetooth – It is very easy to pair you bluetooth devices to this system.
- FM transmitter- The transmitter is very weak making this feature virtually useless.
- Speaker is a little weak
The Garmin Nuvi 765T is simply one of the best gps systems that you can buy today. Its got a ton of useful features and the new 3-D Lane Assist renders upcoming highway exits in photographic detail, and makes complex highway intersections much easier to negotiate. Unfortunately 3-D data it isn’t yet available for most highway intersections which means that the feature does not show up all the time. Garmin are building up their 3D database and hopefully in a few months they will issue updates that will take care of this problem. This is a great system to buy. You can look at a list here of the best gps systems to see other good systems.
In the Box
The following items are included in the box
- Garmin Nuvi 765T
- EasyPort Suction Cup Mount
- Preloaded with maps of North America (United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico)
- Adhesive Disk
- User Guide
- Services and Accessories Guide
- Vehicle power cable
- USB Cable
Do you have any questions about this system? If you do post a comment below and we will respond.