The Magellan Maestro 4250 gps system has a nice 4.3″ widescreen for easy viewing and also includes an FM-TMC receiver for instant traffic updates. The Maestro 4250 will recalculate your route immediately when detects that you are approaching congestion which is a great feature. It also contains preloaded maps of the entire U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, including 6 million points of interest (POI’s) including many hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and phone number information so you can call ahead for reservations or help.
It features text-to-speech voice prompts that announce actual road names at turns, so you can concentrate on your driving, as well as bluetooth wireless technology that lets you dial and receive calls safely with a compatible phone, and access your phone’s address book while leaving your phone in your bag or pocket. The built-in microphone and speaker make communication easy. Easy connection to AAA Roadside Assistance and access service details along with recommended destinations from the leading travel resource.
You can program the Magellan Maestro 4250 to understand basic voice commands in a few simple steps. You’ll be able to advance through menus and receive guidance without even touching the screen. This GPS satellite navigation unit has a built-in antenna, suction-cup windshield mount, dashboard disk headphone jack, car/home power adapters, USB cable, carrying case and built-in rechargeable battery with up to 4 hours of life. Weight – 6.9 ounces Includes 3-Months Free Trial of FM-TMC Traffic-Info.
Why its good
- Nice Screen – Widescreen and bright making it very easy to read
- Form factor – Well designed, thin and very easy to carry.
- Large POI Database – You get over 6 million points of interest.
- AAA TourBook data included
- Long battery life – System can last about 6 hours between charges
- Text to Speech – The system announces the street names in a natural voice.
- Faster processor – Fast and responsive
- Unit response is a little slow
- Speaker is very weak
- Bluetooth is limited in making phone calls
- Voice recognition is not very easy to use and only seems to work in a quiet car
- Text to speech sometimes does not read the road names clearly
- Magellan has very poor customer service
This system comes with a split-screen (TrueView) which is useful for understanding an upcoming turn. It recalculates your route very fast if you miss a turn which is a good thing and also is not very pricey. Although this system is not better than most of the garmin nuvi’s we still would recommend this system if you were interested in a magellan.
6.5 out of 10
In the Box
The following items are included in the box
- Magellan Maestro 4250 GPS receiver
- Adhesive disk for dash mounting
- Basic cradle
- Vehicle power adapter (12-24 watts)
- Quick reference guide and CD
- Windshield mount