The “For Dummies” series of books recently announced that they have created a new gps navigation system for dummies. They partnered with the Maylong Group, a Detroit-area technology company and created the FD35 PND.
They claim that the system is designed to be the worldâ€™s most user friendly interface, that is perfect for automobiles, backpacks, purses, RVs, or while bicycling. The easiest and most intuitive PND on the market!
Some of the FD35′s features are:
- A 3.5″ touch screen and 2.0 GB memory card
- Digital mapping with browsing capability
- State-of-the art text-to-speech navigation, turn by turn, using actual street names
- Complete mapping of North America: the U.S. plus Canada!
- 2 million â€˜points of interestâ€™ (mapped points) with search capability, the perfect amount of data on each screen to get users where they need to go
- An included MP3 player and eBook reader
- The familiar, easy-to-use For Dummiesâ„¢ style, complete with icons, leads you through the user interface and instruction guide
We will have a review of the unit as soon as it is released in Fall and actually see if it is designed for dummies.